LinkedIn is the premier professional networking site. The site features interesting and helpful blog posts that cover everything from industry news to personal success stories. It also is a great way to begin a job search.
You can setup your LinkedIn account to send you job postings fitting your criteria. Know that there are also recruiters who use the platform to find potential candidates.
This article will focus on how you can connect with recruiters on LinkedIn. Keep reading to discover 5 super simple tips for making the most of your account!
1. Should I Connect with Recruiters on LinkedIn?
Yes! LinkedIn is a focused networking tool that has benefited the careers of countless professionals worldwide. 93% of hiring managers use LinkedIn when searching for qualified candidates.
The first thing you can do is create a public profile (if you don’t have one) or modify your current one. Tailor your account to attract recruiters and the dream job you aspire to have. Make sure to present yourself in a professional and serious manner.
Once you’ve updated your profile, it’s time to network! LinkedIn allows you to seek out and connect with recruiters, take advantage of this and start a dialogue. Another tip, if you notice a recruiter has viewed your profile, reach out to them! This shows the recruiter that you are interested and may be open to conversation about your future.
2. Find the Right Recruiter on LinkedIn.
Not all recruiters are created equal. The more seasoned recruiters tend to work with specific specialties. LinkedIn lets you tailor your search so that you can find the recruiters that best suits you. Being able to find a recruiter that works in the field you are wanting to go into, will strengthen your chances of a getting a job.
But how do you go about finding this recruiter?
- Start your search with the broad search term, recruiter
- Narrow your results with the options in the right-hand margin
- Narrow your options even more by region, industry, etc.
- Advanced searches are available if you upgrade your account
Once this is done, sit back, relax, and let the recruiters come to you!
3. Talk with Recruiters on LinkedIn
LinkedIn has made it easy to for its users to connect with recruiters. When you scroll through your search results, you’ll be able to talk to recruiters using LinkedIn’s tools. Approach the conversation with recruiters as you would a potential employer.
Send the recruiter a brief, 2-3 sentence message. Introduce yourself, express your interest, and any other relevant information. Even if you feel that it’s not a 100% match, reach out anyway. You never know what can come from it!
Recruiters commonly have client requests that are a bit outside of their scope, but they are extremely well connected. They might be able to put you in touch with a recruiter that is a better fit for you.
4. Form Relationships with Recruiters
Once you have connected with a recruiter on LinkedIn, it’s wise to send them a private message. Be concise, but cover your experience, your current duties, and what you are looking for. Let them know whether you are currently seeking a new job or simply seeing what is available.
Building and fostering relationships with recruiters is a great method. It will set you apart, keep you in the know, and more likely than not it can lead to a quicker job opportunity for you!
5. Attract Recruiters on LinkedIn
Your efforts should connect you with several recruiters, but new recruiters are joining LinkedIn all the time. Therefore, you’ll want to be easily found. There a couple ways this can happen:
- One way is raising your profile on LinkedIn. This can be done by connecting with as many people in your field as possible. If you find someone in your field who is interesting, don’t hesitate to reach out and start a dialogue with them!
- Another way is writing blog posts. Make sure these posts pertain to your job field, are relevant, and informative. This shows your interest and dedication to learning!
- Finally, participate in discussions. When you post, be sure to include trending buzzwords and keywords. If recruiters are following these words, your discussion could pop up in their feed and get you noticed!
If connecting with a recruiter online is not for you, know that you are not alone. Many people prefer face to face interaction. Rush recruiting specializes in career consulting services and helping individuals find the perfect job.
If this sounds more up your alley, reach out and contact us today. We want to help you find what you are looking for!